Sunday, January 5, 2014

c'est bon


 like that your language is not my first,
because when you say that
you want to take me,
again,
i certainly wouldn’t say no.
i didn’t come to this city
to break my body,
and i don’t believe
that you’re going to fix it,
but it sometimes feels healed
while tethered with yours.

you are not like any
that i’ve known,
you are cream against a washed out palette,
the tennis montage
in a romantic comedy,
you are velvet on my skin,
a wave under a tangerine sky.
you are warm breath.
and you keep space,
yet, you always bring me 
so close.

you held my pressure points
and kissed my spine,
you squeezed my hand
as though you wanted to ring me out,
from the things i didn’t need.
in the dark, my face can’t flush,
but i don’t think you would’ve wanted it to.
the first time i met you,
you told me i deserved it
in the most tender way 
it’s been spoken,
and even though your eyes were still
moons,
while the sun was coming up,
i still think you meant it.


tu m’a dit que tu voulais un hippocampe,
et je t’aime pour cela

No comments: